The Big Give San Antonio is a 24-online giving day that will take place Tuesday, May 5 from midnight to midnight. The Big Give S.A. turns giving into a shared local experience and introduces supporters to all of the wonderful charitable organizations located in Bexar and surrounding counties. Upbring, The New LSS, will be one of more than 800 nonprofits participating in this festival of giving for South Central Texas, with a citywide goal of raising $3 million through collective impact and community energy.
When you make a gift through The Big Give S.A. website during the 24-hour period on May 5, it has the potential to be boosted by matching funds. And as an added bonus, your gift may also help Upbring qualify for prize incentives and other contests.
What kind of difference can your one gift make to Upbring Children’s Programs?
- $10 provides devotional materials for Upbring Foster In Texas (FIT) parents
- $40 provides three sets of school uniforms for a young woman at Upbring New Life Children’s Center
- $75 buys a baby monitor for a FIT foster family caring for infants and toddlers
- $110 buys a bedding set for a young adult in the Upbring BeREAL program
- $200 gives a summer camp scholarship to a FIT foster youth
- All of your donations are important to our mission to break the cycle of child abuse by empowering children, families and communities
What you need to know about The Big Give S.A.:
- Your gift is tax deductible
- Minimum gift = $10 (there is no maximum!)
- Your gift goes directly to Upbring, The New LSS. Although your tax receipt comes from the San Antonio Area Foundation,your gift passes directly through to the organization(s) of your choice.
- Go directly to our Upbring profile page to donate on May 5
We always encourage you to support your favorite local nonprofits throughout the year, but know this special charitable day is not to be missed! Join us May 5 to celebrate San Antonio’s spirit of generosity and support the work of nonprofits like Upbring, The New LSS – and please help us spread the word!