The profession of nursing is an art, a science and a calling – all rolled into one. Nursing is the nation’s largest health care profession, with nearly 4 million employed professionals. “National Nurses Week” is celebrated annually from May 6 (also known as “National Nurses Day”) through May 12, the birthday of Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing.
We want to give special recognition for the steadfast efforts and dedication of our Upbring nurses, who serve children and families in need. Upbring, The New LSS, employs 55 nurses – including certified nursing and medication assistants – throughout Texas in a variety of capacities.
- At Upbring Health for Friends Clinic in Lubbock, Tami Washington LVN, offers screening and diabetes consultation to those who cannot afford health insurance.
- At our LSS senior communities in skilled nursing and memory care, we have 24 RNs and LVNs working at The Village at Gleannloch Farms in Spring and 21 RNs and LVNs at Kruse Village in Brenham.
- Two LVNs are located at each of our residential treatment centers – Upbring Krause Children’s Center in Katy and Upbring New Life Children’s Center in Canyon Lake.
- Three nurses work as Medical Care Coordinators in our programs for immigrant children, one each at Bokenkamp Children’s Shelter and Transitional Foster Care in Corpus Christi, and New Hope Children’s Shelter in McAllen.
- Two nurses, an RN and an LVN, visit Upbring Foster In Texas homes to ensure the Primary Medical Needs children we serve receive the best possible care.
Upbring would like to thank all our nurse professionals for the love and comfort they provide to those we serve. We know that our children and families’ well-being is a priority because they are here!
Interested in joining our Upbring family? Visit our career page.