More than 150 people joined Upbring Foster In Texas (FIT) on Saturday, Aug. 8 in Arlington to hear from FIT’s clinical staff and local subject matter experts about fostering. Following registration and introductions, participants settled in to learn more.
On the agenda:
- Trauma Triggers – with presenter Gloria Fobbs, Cenpatico
- What is a Primary Medical Needs (PMN) Home? – by Phyllis Christensen, Upbring RN, and Veddar Savage, experienced PMN foster mom
- Internet Safety – by Courtney Garrison, Alliance for Children
- Preparation for Adult Living – by Shaun Smitt
- Trauma-Informed Behavioral Techniques – by Kelley Broadaway, Upbring Clinical Director
Attendees enjoyed free child care, lunch, door prizes and the camaraderie of other families – everyone had a great time and left with helpful knowledge about fostering and the need for more safe, loving foster homes.
Interested in becoming a Foster Parent?
Foster parents have the unique opportunity to give a child a second chance at childhood, helping them to heal and move on from the circumstances that brought them to foster care. When you foster through Upbring Foster In Texas, you are joining a team of people helping children succeed. While the child will be in your care, you will not be alone in raising that child. Our highly regarded team of knowledgeable, effective caseworkers will help you every step of the way. Join us.