Last year the Upbring family gathered together on #GivingTuesday to raise nearly $28,000 in 24 hours to support the courageous young adults in our BeREAL program. In 2016, your gifts made a SIGNIFICANT impact on dozens of children in our care. This year we’re excited to share that we’re continuing our participation in this incredible day of giving, this time benefiting therapeutic foster care!
What Is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Occurring this year on November 28, #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (in the US) to kick off the holiday giving season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
Thanks to a generous offer from our friends at the Carl C. Anderson Sr. & Marie Jo Anderson Charitable Foundation, when you donate to Upbring on Tuesday, November 28 your gift will DOUBLE in value and impact to help break the cycle of child abuse! The Carl C. Anderson Sr. & Marie Jo Anderson Charitable Foundation have agreed to match every gift to Upbring – dollar for dollar up to $45,000 total – benefiting those in our therapeutic foster care program.
“We have been incredibly inspired by the generosity in time, efforts and ideas that have brought our concept for a worldwide movement into reality,” said Henry Timms, founder of #GivingTuesday and executive director of 92Y. “As we embark on our sixth year of #GivingTuesday, we are encouraged by the early response from partners eager to continue making an impact in this global conversation.”
How You Can Join Us
Visit our #GivingTuesday page for more details about Upbring’s 2017 fundraising efforts and to donate a gift that will provide a brighter future for children receiving physical, emotional, spiritual and social support in a family setting backed by Upbring until the natural family can be reunited or a permanent placement through adoption can facilitated.
Or Start Your Own Flash-Campaign
You can also set up your own Fundraiser Campaign on Facebook:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/pg/UpbringOrg/fundraisers/
- Click ‘Raise Money.’
- Pick a manageable goal for your community to help you meet. We suggest starting with $500.
- Limit the time frame to 1-3 days (create a sense of urgency).
- Under “Why You Are Raising Money,” simply copy and paste the following text: “Right now, Upbring is working urgently to raise $45,000 for Texas families to help break the cycle of child abuse. I’m raising money for Upbring #GivingTuesday, and I would love for you to join me. Every little bit helps! This cause means a lot to me, and I believe we can make a difference together. If you are unable to donate, you can still help by sharing this link with your friends and spreading the word. For more information about Upbring, go to:https://www.upbring.org/givingtuesday/”
- Share the fundraiser with your friends and family.
- Ask your friends and family to ‘invite’ friends if they aren’t able to give.
Thank you for showing our children and families that they are seen, wanted and cherished this holiday season.