It was Fall Festival party-time at the Richardson Foster In Texasfoster care office this past Friday. Our foster families, children, FIT staff, and a few dozen volunteers all gathered in the parking lot of the office to celebrate the coming of fall with music, games, fellowship, and FUN!
The festivities included pumpkin painting, face painting, balloon-animal artistry, pizza-eating, dozens of cookies, carnival games, and some live music.
Each game gave out tickets to the kids, which were then traded for a prize from our amazing prize table.
The kids were also able to either come in costume or select a costume from a pile that was donated. Everyone enjoyed eating, playing games, throwing around a football, and spending time with the volunteers. The really awesome thing, besides the fact that the kids and families were able to have a great time? The entire event cost the office zero dollars. Everything was donated!
To give credit to where it is due:
· Pizza and drinks were donated by FoodTronix and Napoli’s
· Prizes and costumes were donated by lots of amazing volunteers! Special thanks to FoodTronix, Michael’s craft store in Denton, Bethany Hodgson, Cathy Zwernemann, and Lisa Mowry.
· Desserts and candy were from Rejoice Lutheran in Frisco, our foster care staff, and Cathy Zwernemann.
· Games were donated by Immanuel Lutheran in Dallas.
· Pumpkins and face paint were donated by Lisa Mowry and friends, FoodTronix, Cathy Zwernemann, and others.
· Tents were donated by Cross Timbers Community Church.
· Friends of FoodTronix and employees
· Friends of Hope for North Texas
· Friends and family of Foster In Texas staff
Why does this Fall Festival mean so much to us? It supports our selfless foster families by offering them something wonderful to do with the children and providing candy, prizes, pumpkins, and costumes to offset some holiday costs. It offers a fun, enriching, “normal” childhood experience to our children. It bonds together our caseworkers and their children and families. It blesses our community through giving and serving, offering a real, tangible way to care for the underserved, abused, and orphaned children in our local communities. It sets us apart as a foster care program to demonstrate our care and concern for our children and families. And … It shows the kids how very important they are to us!