Homeowners affected by the Bastrop County wildfires can still apply for assistance to rebuild and repair their homes through the Texas General Land Office Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Disaster Recovery Program managed in part by LSS Disaster Response. The previous deadline of January 28, 2013 has been extended to the new deadline of Friday, February 22, 2013.
Those eligible for consideration:
- Homeowner(s) during the fire event Aug. 30 to Dec. 31, 2011
- Home was primary residence during the fire event
- Home damaged as direct result of fires
- Damaged unit was a single-family residence
- Have existing unmet housing need
The deadline has also been extended for the Down Payment Assistance Program (DPA), so applicants should inquire about eligibility for that program as well. Information about the DPA program is available in English and Spanish for download.
Questions? Call 855-706-7556 toll free, or the main number: 512-706-7556, or go online to www.LSSDisasterResponse.org. It is important to get the word out about the new deadline, so we can get help to those who still need assistance. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!