As you know, the small town of West, Texas is reeling after the huge explosion at the fertilizer plant. Many of you have asked how you can help, and the LSS Disaster Response (LSSDR) team is working diligently to identify the affected families and the best ways to assist them. Through our network of community partners and Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD), we have representatives at the scene and are prepared to offer immediate assistance in the following ways:
- Short-Term Emergency Needs: Providing gift cards to families with immediate needs of food/shelter/clothing; ongoing until the funds run out.
- Long-Term Response and Recovery: Case management services as survivors begin the long process of rebuilding their lives.
- Spiritual/Emotional Care: Counseling and spiritual care services to individuals seeking prayerful comfort and emotional support, over the short- and long-term.
There are several ways you can help:
- Make an online donation to LSS Disaster Response to assist with short- and long-term recovery needs.
- Donate blood – Type O Positive and O Negative blood is in demand. Please check your local blood bank for details.
- Prayers for the survivors of this town of 2,700; all of their lives have been touched by this tragedy.
We will keep you informed of the latest developments and our involvement in providing aid to the people of West, Texas through the website. Additionally, you can help us by sharing this information throughout your own networks and on facebook.