What an opportunity! LSS-Foster In Texas (FIT) is hosting a continuing education event in October that is not to be missed by anyone interested in (or already involved in) foster care and children’s services. And it’s free and open to the public.
Date: Friday, October 17, 2014 – 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Christ Lutheran Church
510 Luther Street, Georgetown TX 75701
Lunch and daycare provided
Must RSVP by October 7*
CEUs available; fulfills TIC training hours
The “Foster From the Heart” Conference is for foster parents, future foster parents case workers, nurses and mental health providers, social workers, school counselors and administrators, and all interested parties. And you will want to invite your friends. [A little perk/incentive: FIT parents who have the most guests attend will receive gift cards valued up to $300.
Speakers & Topics:
- Naigene Owens, PhD – Preventing Sexual Abuse
- Phyllis Christensen, RN – What is a Primary Medical Needs (PMN) Home?
- Kelley Broadaway, LPC, FIT Statewide Clinical Director – An Overview About Foster Care; How to Help a Traumatized Child
- Sarah Crocker, LSS Transitional Services Program Director – Supervised Independent Living for Kids Aging Out of Foster Care
- Tiffany Greer – Former foster child and LSS-FIT employee
- Star Colin – Former foster child