Lutheran Social Services (LSS) is on a mission with a new mission: to break the cycle of child abuse by empowering children, families and communities. With our attention and resources focused on developing a new continuum framework that will drive transformative change, we are developing innovative programs, new partnerships and an expanding network of community services – but we cannot do it alone and need your help.
LSS has released a funded call for white papers and is seeking evidence from Texas, and the rest of the world, on best practices for building protective factors for children in the child welfare system in specified areas. If you, or someone you know, might also be interested, please contact us.
Basic Submission Facts
White Paper Proposals should be:
- one page in length
- in a PDF format
- submitted by Friday, March 6 to Amy Knop-Narbutis.
Please be sure to identify the topic, the research team and requested funding (ballpark $2,000-$4,000 per paper; requested funding level will influence selection.)
Potential topics should align with best practices in programming for children in the child welfare system in education, health, life skills, safety and vocation, or feedback on the overall prevention model. The research team may include (but is not restricted to):
- Graduate students
- Professional researchers
The emphasis should be on protective factors for children currently in the child welfare system. Case studies from Texas and other states, cost-benefit analyses of preventative measures and proposals for building the evidence base for promising programs, are all welcome.
- What promising and evidence-based health initiatives can build protective factors and help prevent child maltreatment in future generations?
- What promising and evidence-based education initiatives can build protective factors and help prevent child maltreatment in future generations?
- What promising and evidence-based safety initiatives can build protective factors and help prevent child maltreatment in future generations?
- For a complete list of topics, click here.
Please note: final white papers can be no longer than 10 pages, including graphics and references.
|March 6 – Deadline for one-page proposals for white papersApril – Funding assigned and research partners publicly announcedJune – Submission deadline for Wave 1 of papersSeptember – Submission deadline for Wave 2 of papersDecember – Submission deadline for Wave 3 of papers||March – Conference in Austin, TX to share findings (TBA)|