Valentine’s Day is this weekend and we’d like to help get you the mood for romance by providing a trip to Paris, via the Coppertank/Old Pecan Street Cafe, to attend our 16th annual Make a Difference Gala. Plan to spend Saturday, Feb. 14, the most romantic night of the year, in a festive setting sparkling with all the ingredients for l’amour – while benefiting New Life Children’s Center. Plan to have a great time, for an even greater cause!
New Life is a residential treatment facility specializing in caring for girls ages 11-17 who are survivors of neglect, physical, emotional and sexual abuse. New Life provides a safe haven for up to 80 girls at a time.
New this year:
- The evening begins at 6 p.m.
- Complimentary valet at 5TH and Trinity
- Performance by Pamela Hart quartet – named by Austin Woman Magazine as “Austin’s First Lady of Jazz”
- Mobile Bidding –BidPal, an interactive mobile bidding solution for our silent auction, allows you to bid on items anywhere, anytime, from your mobile devices. It’s easy, convenient and eliminates lines and waiting. So don’t leave your cell phones at home!
- And … the night promises to hold a few surprises that you don’t want to miss.
A SPECIAL THANKS goes to our fantastique Make a Difference committee who helped make this evening possible:
|Carolyn Boden||Kerrin Gaenzle||Cheri Grant||Cathy Reynolds|
|Tomi Thompson||Cathy Zwernemann|
Our Make A Difference Gala is the main fundraiser for New Life Children’s Center. All proceeds go directly to help the severely troubled young girls heal from their painful pasts.
A few samples of the Live Auction items:
Art by the Glass: Art teacher Susan Marcy is providing a unique experience for you and up to 25 friends in the comfort of your own home. You’ll love Susan’s encouraging style and unique tips and tricks on how to create your very own canvas masterpiece. Art by the Glass is a 3-hour painting and wine party – all art supplies, wine and gourmet pizzas are provided.
Six-bottles of 2009 Chateau Canon La Gaffeliere, produced in the St. Emilion appellation of the Bordeaux region of France, is a Grand Cru Classe made from a blend of 55% merlot, 35% cabernet franc and 10% cabernet sauvignon.
Anticipated Maturity: 2015-2035
Each year, a small number of Canon La Gaffeliere cases are imported into the United States of the 5,000 cases that are produced.
- Given an extraordinary rating of 97 by James Suckling
- Given an exceptional rating of 96 by Wine Spectator
- Ranked No. 23 in Wine Spectator’s Top 100 Wines for 2012
14 kt. White Diamond Butterfly Pendant from Benold’s Jewelers: Gorgeous and symbolic. Butterflies have become a symbol of hope and rebirth for the girls of New Life.
Travel Packages: You’ll definitely find a few of our vacations simply irresistible.
Want to view additional auction items or learn more about the Gala? Be sure to visit our Facebook page for Make a Difference.
Vive la Make a Différence!