Learn more about becoming a foster parent.
Fill out the form below and an Upbring Foster In Texas representative will contact you with more information.
Foster parents have the unique opportunity to give children a new chance at childhood, helping them heal and move forward from the circumstances that brought them to foster care.
Thousands of children in Texas need a safe, loving home. Each child has talents, dreams and incredible potential, but are greatly affected by the circumstances they find themselves in. When surrounded by trauma, abuse and neglect, their confidence diminishes and their ability to succeed is hindered.
But, when children are uplifted, encouraged and simply loved – they learn they can succeed beyond their wildest dreams.
Basic Requirements to Become a Foster Parent
You qualify to apply if you are:
- Single or married (if married, for a minimum of two years).
- Retired or employed.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Emotionally and physically healthy.
- Have a regular source of income (cannot be dependent on the foster care payment for expenses,nor can you be on government assistance).
- Have no criminal history, or have proof of rehabilitation.
- Do not have a history of abusing a child or another adult.
Upbring is raising the standards for child well-being in Texas. We deliver innovative programs and services that help children make measurable progress toward five key markers of success: safety, health, education, life skills and vocation. Help us break the cycle of child abuse once and for all.