Learn about adoption from Upbring, an adoption agency in Austin
Why Upbring Domestic Adoption?
At Upbring, we limit the size of our adoption programs, so we can offer a unique combination of high-quality care and personalized service, along with lifetime post-adoption services.
We understand that adoption is a life-changing decision, which is why the Upbring family will be with you every step of the way. Your questions, dreams and concerns are important to us. We will work with you from the moment you submit your inquiry form to the celebratory moment you welcome your new family member(s) into your home and we will support you in the years to follow.
“We recognize how much courage it took to make this decision
We will always remember what MaKenna’s birth parents did for us. We cannot imagine how overwhelming it must have been for them to choose adoption. We realize that the decision that they made took so much courage. They entrusted us with the most precious gift … a child. We truly admire and thank them from the bottom of our hearts for giving us the opportunity to fulfill our lifelong dreams of becoming a mom and dad.”
Dana, Adoptive Mother
Considering domestic adoption in Texas?
You are a great match for Upbring domestic adoption if:
- Both applicants are between 25 and 55 years old; at least one must be between 25 and 45 years old
- Are willing to meet the expectant mother/couple’s request for an open or closed adoption
- Agree to a home study in accordance with Texas Department of Family & Protective Services standards
- Have the ability to pay adoption fees based on a sliding fee scale ranging from $15,000 – $36,000 depending on your gross annual household income. Learn more about resources to afford adoption here
- Are married (same-sex couples are welcome) and we accept single applicants on a case-by-case basis; if married, you must be able to verify that your relationship is at least 2 years old
- Can provide documentation from a medical provider of the following:
- Psychological and physical health; If you have been diagnosed with a significant psychological or medical issue, your doctor must provide a letter supporting your adoption plans and outlining the prognosis
- Inability or inadvisability to have a biological child
In addition to the above requirements, you will be asked to provide proof that at least one parent is a U.S. citizen (both parents must be current residents of Texas). Authorizations for criminal history and background checks and verifiable proof of financial stability will also be requested to begin the adoption process through Upbring.
What to Expect in the adoption process in Texas
If you have decided to pursue the adoption of an infant through Upbring’s domestic adoption program, you are likely wondering about our process. We recommend that you begin by downloading and completing our inquiry form and submit it to the Director of Adoption, Erin Patterson, at [email protected]
Mrs. Patterson will assess your eligibility and, in most cases, contact you within 2 days. Once it is clear that you meet our eligibility requirements, we will place your name on the waitlist. Unlike most agencies, we only open the intake process once a year, generally in the fall. At that time, we invite 8-10 families to join our adoption program and then guide the group through the adoption paperwork, training, home study process and ultimately, through each family’s adoptive placement. This approach allows us to focus on quality of service and gives the adoptive families a cohort that will provide support and camaraderie throughout the entire process.