From their first day of kindergarten to the day they graduate high school, and so many precious moments in-between, raising a child is a life-changing journey filled with unforgettable milestones.
Upbring Domestic Adoption is here to help you experience the joys of parenthood and show our Texas kids they are loved, wanted and treasured.
“A long time ago, another adoptive parent told us that, when you meet your baby and they are placed in your arms, your entire adoption journey will all make sense. We feel that is so true as Upbring facilitated our meeting with Laurel’s biological family and they, along with Laurel, are a beautiful addition to our lives. The open friendship (because it truly feels like one) that we have with Laurel’s biological parents and their families is so special. The love we all share for our baby, Laurel, is embraced by each of us and we all want the very best for her. Laurel is an amazing addition to all of our lives and we are blessed by the ways she has impacted us. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect match!”
Adoptive Family who received placement in May of 2017
Why Upbring Domestic Adoption?
At Upbring, we limit the size of our adoption programs, so we can offer a unique combination of high-quality care and personalized service, along with lifetime post-adoption services.
We understand that adoption is a life-changing decision, which is why the Upbring family will be with you every step of the way. Your questions, dreams and concerns are important to us. We will work with you from the moment you submit your inquiry form to the celebratory moment you welcome your new family member(s) into your home.
Considering domestic adoption?
You are a great match for Upbring domestic adoption if you:
- Both applicants must be between 25 and 60 years old; at least one must be between 25 and 45 years old
- Are willing to meet the expectant mother/couple’s request for an open or closed adoption
- Agree to a home study in accordance with Texas Department of Family & Protective Services standards
- Have the ability to pay adoption fees based on a sliding fee scale ranging from $15,000 – $36,000 depending on your gross annual household income
- Are single or married (same-sex couples are welcome); if married, you must be able to verify that your relationship is at least 2 years old
- Can provide documentation from a medical provider of the following:
- Psychological and physical health; If you have been diagnosed with a significant psychological or medical issue, your doctor must provide a letter supporting your adoption plans and outlining the prognosis
- Inability or inadvisability to have a biological child
In addition to the above requirements, you will be asked to provide proof that at least one parent is a U.S. citizen (both parents must be current residents of Texas). Authorizations for criminal history and background checks and verifiable proof of financial stability will also be requested to begin the adoption process through Upbring.
What to Expect
If you have decided to pursue the adoption of an infant through Upbring’s domestic adoption program, you are likely wondering about our process. We recommend that you begin by downloading and completing our inquiry form and submit it to the Director of Adoption, Erin Patterson, at [email protected].
Mrs. Patterson will assess your eligibility and, in most cases, contact you within 2 days. Once it is clear that you meet our eligibility requirements, we will place your name on the waitlist. Unlike most agencies, we only open the intake process once a year, generally in the fall. At that time, we invite 8-10 families to join our adoption program and then guide the group through the adoption paperwork, training, home study process and ultimately, through each family’s adoptive placement. This approach allows us to focus on quality of service and gives the adoptive families a cohort that will provide support and camaraderie throughout the entire process.