Live in Texas? Thinking About Adopting?
Texas couples interested in adopting a child through Upbring Adoption must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Both parents must be Texas residents and both must currently reside in Texas.
- At least one of the applicants must be a U.S. citizen.
- One of the adoptive applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 45 years of age.
- Couples must be married at least two years prior to application, and provide a marriage certificate.
- Inability or inadvisability to have a child biologically must be verifiable.
- Must provide documentation of mental, physical, and emotional health from a medical provider.
- Must provide authorization for criminal history and background check to Upbring Adoption.
- Must be financially stable and offer proof of verifiable income.
- Must agree to a home study in accordance with Texas Dept. of Family & Protective Services (DFPS) standards, which includes both individual and joint interviews with all household members.
- Must be willing to meet birth parent’s requests for openness.
- There is a fee based on a sliding scale of income, ranging between $13,000-$36,000.
Adoption Inquiry Form
(NOTE: By submitting an inquiry form, you are not committing yourself to this particular program.)
Submit your completed form to:
Lutheran Adoption Services of Texas
Attention: Domestic Adoption
8305 Cross Park Drive
Austin, Texas 78754