Do you want to provide love and a nurturing environment to a child? Then you might be just what we’re looking for in a foster parent.
Eligibility guidelines for foster parents:
- You may be single or married (if married, for a minimum of two years).
- You may be retired or employed.
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must be emotionally and physically healthy.
- You must have a regular source of income (cannot be dependent on the foster care payment for expenses, nor can you be on government assistance).
- No criminal history, or have proof of rehabilitation.
- You must not have a history of abusing a child or another adult.
Foster parents do not need to be wealthy, nor do they need to have a Ph.D. in child psychology. Potential foster-to-adopt parents are screened through a series of interviews, background checks, training and home interviews.Foster Today