Referring a Young Adult to BeREAL New Orleans
Do you know a youth in foster care who wants to BeREAL? We are reaching out to youth on a path to age out of the foster care system who want to be Ready Educated Accomplished Leaders.
Who can refer a youth for BeREAL participation?
- Any party affiliated with the youth who has contact with the DCFS caseworker.
- Youth in foster care between the ages of 13 and 17.
Factors to consider when referring a young person to BeREAL New Orleans include:
- Youth must be in foster care.
- Youth must be living in the greater New Orleans area.
- He/she must be between the ages of 13 and 17.
- Youth must be in good academic standing in middle or high school.
What is the application process?
If the affiliated person/caseworker and the foster youth both agree that he/she would benefit from BeREAL New Orleans, please fill out the following forms and send them to the BeREAL staff:
- BeREAL New Orleans Youth Referral Form.
- BeREAL New Orleans Youth Application Form.
- Please also include the young person’s most recent grade report.
For more information on BeREAL New Orleans, please contact the program staff at:
BeREAL New Orleans
6305 Elysian Fields, Ste. 301B
New Orleans, LA 70122
Form DownloadsREFERRAL FORM
For referral sources recommending a youthAPPLICATION FORM
For youth completing their own application