Monday, April 10, 2017
8 am. – 6 p.m. | St. David’s Episcopal Church
This event enables you to learn from researchers, practitioners and community leaders on how you can help drive transformative change. It’s about working together–truly changing the life trajectory of every child served and raising expectations for a brighter future.
- Keynote from Peter J. Pecora, Ph.D. on practical strategies for improving the utilization of research for policy, program design and practice
- Early Results from the Texas Youth Permanency Study
- Intergenerational Child Abuse and Neglect
- Youth Voice on Permanency
- Child Advocacy & the 85th Legislative Session
- From Mapping Results to Community Action
- And more!
Registration includes breakfast, lunch, networking reception and CEUs (Social Work, LPC).
|8||Breakfast Plenary on Child Advocacy & the 85th Legislative Session|
|9:15||Keynote from Peter J. Pecora, Ph.D. on practical strategies for
improving the utilization of research for policy, program design and
|10:30||Breakout Sessions: From Mapping Results to Community Action
Including presentations from Dell Children’s Trauma and Injury
Research Center, TexProtects, and Cook Children’s Center for
Prevention of Child Maltreatment.
|Noon||Lunch with facilitated small group discussion and call to action|
|1:30||Breakout Sessions: White Papers
Including presentations on Child Abuse Fatality Prevention (Peter
|2:30||Afternoon Plenary – Youth Panel
Early Results from the Texas Youth Permanency Study